Configuring your Skyetel account with Textable is pretty simple and should only take a few minutes.
- First, you should login to your console at https://login.skyetel.com/#dashboard.
- Once logged in, go to the Phone Numbers -> Local Phone Numbers page at https://login.skyetel.com/#phone-numbers/local.
- Here, you will need to pick a number that you would like to use with Textable and click the Settings icon.
- We must now configure the inbound webhooks for incoming messages.
- Set the Forward option to Callback URL.
- Set URL to https://app01.textable.co/receive?provider=skyetel and set Method to POST.
- Click Save.
- Now, we need to grab your API credentials to setup in the Textable app.
- Go to the Account Settings, to the right of your name on the top right menu.
- Click the API Keys Tab
- Click the “Create” button to create a new API Key Set and give it a nickname. Copy the SID and Secret Key.
- Click Save.
- Download the Textable app from App Store (iOS)or Google Play Store (Android)
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Set Business Phone field to the number that you just updated in your Skyetel account and you want to use to send / receive messages with Textable.
- Select “Skyetel” for the SIP Provider field.
- Set Account ID field to the SID that you copied above.
- Set Access Token to the Secret Key that you copied above.
- Click “Create Account” button.
It may be easier to create your account with fake values on the mobile app and then navigate to https://textable.app and login to configure your account and easily copy / past the values from there.
We’re currently preparing to launch our web based account setup process to make this process easier from the get-go.
That’s it, you should be able to send and receive messages!