Configuring your Twilio account with Textable is pretty simple and should only take a few minutes.
- First, you should login to your console at https://www.twilio.com/login.
- Once logged in, go to your settings page at https://www.twilio.com/console/project/settings
- Here, you will need to copy your Account SID and Auth Token into your Textable profile. You can get this by scrolling to the API Credentials section and copy the details from the Live Credentials section.
- On your Textable profile, enter the phone number you would like to use.
- Click “Update Profile Details” button.
- We must now configure the inbound webhooks for incoming messages.
- Go to the Phone Numbers section in Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/console/phone-numbers/incoming)
- Select the phone number that you would like to use with Textable.
- Under the Messaging section, select “Configure With” and make sure it is set to “Webhooks, TwiML Bins, Functions…”.
- Under “A Message Comes In,”set the dropdown to “Webhook” and the value to https://inbound.textable.app/receive?provider=twilio. Make sure the HTTP option is set to “HTTP Post”.
- Click “Save”
That’s it, you should be able to send and receive messages!