Configuring your Twilio account with Textable is pretty simple and should only take a few minutes.
- First, you should login to your console at https://www.twilio.com/login.
- Once logged in, go to your settings page at https://www.twilio.com/console/project/settings
- Here, you will need to copy your Account SID and Auth Token. You can get this by scrolling to the API Credentials section and copy the details from the Live Credentials section.
- We must now configure the inbound webhooks for incoming messages.
- Go to the Phone Numbers section in Twilio (https://www.twilio.com/console/phone-numbers/incoming)
- Select the phone number that you would like to use with Textable.
- Under the Messaging section, select “Configure With” and make sure it is set to “Webhooks, TwiML Bins, Functions…”.
- Under “A Message Comes In,”set the dropdown to “Webhook” and the value to https://app01.textable.co/receive?provider=twilio. Make sure the HTTP option is set to “HTTP Post”.
- Under “Primary Handler Fails,” set the dropdown to “Webhook” and the value to https://us-central1-textableco.cloudfunctions.net/receiveSMS?provider=twilio. Make sure the HTTP option is set to “HTTP Post”.
- Click “Save”
- Download the Textable app from App Store (iOS)or Google Play Store (Android)
- Click the Sign Up button.
- Set Business Phone field to a number that exists in your Twilio account and you want to use to send / receive messages with Textable.
- Select “Twilio” for the SIP Provider field.
- Set Account ID field to the Account SID that you copied from Twilio.
- Set Access Token to the Auth Token that you copied from Twilio.
- Click “Create Account” button.
It may be easier to create your account with fake values on the mobile app and then navigate to https://textable.app and login to configure your account and easily copy / past the values from there.
We’re currently preparing to launch our web based account setup process to make this process easier from the get-go.
That’s it, you should be able to send and receive messages!